Are you aware that no President of the Church has ever in their long lives made any clear supportive statements for Darwinian evolution? Additionally, nearly every President of the Church has taught that Darwinism is destructive to faith and contrary to the doctrines of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Here are five frequently asked questions (FAQs) that show what leaders of the Church have taught in the past, and more importantly, why it matters.
- Does what a person believes about organic evolution influence the way he/she lives? Will those who promote the theories of organic evolution stand accountable before God? (Read more)
- Have Church authorities made comments on the theory of organic evolution in recent years? Has the Church changed its position? Are we embarrassed by the statements made by early leaders and the scriptures? (Read more)
- Are there many conflicting opinions with diversity of viewpoint among the previous presidents of the Church on the theory of organic evolution? Have some spoken for, some against and others in between? (Read more)
- Were there “pre-Adamites” or pre-human beings prior to Adam being placed upon the earth? Was Adam a cave-man? Are the world’s teachings about how language and civilization progressed accurate? (Read more)
- Was there death on earth prior to the Fall? Has the Church changed its position on this? (Read more)
What do you think? Is the doctrine of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints evolving when it comes to Darwinian Evolution or can we still believe in the nearly countless statements made in the past?
Read the top 40 Frequently Asked Questions regarding the theories of organic evolution and the age of the earth as they pertain to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.