Have you read Joseph Smith’s patriarchal blessings? Just as the Son of God was crucified before His work was completed, most of the Prophet Joseph Smith’s work is yet to be fulfilled. Joseph Smith’s patriarchal blessings reveal that the Prophet has in the past, he is now and he will yet fulfill many important prophecies.
- Command mountains to move, rivers turn out of course: “Thou shalt speak the word of the Lord and the earth shall tremble; the mountains shall move and the rivers shall turn out of their course.” (December 1834 blessing)
- Put wicked armies to flight: “Thou shalt escape the edge of the sword, and put to flight the armies of the wicked.” (December 1834 blessing)
- Save the just from famine: “For, like Joseph of old shall he be: he shall save the just from desolation, by the wise counsel of the Almighty; for by his direction shall they gather into storehouses and barns, till they overflow with the richness of the fruit of harvest: and by this means shall the just be saved from famine, while the nations of the wicked are distressed and faint.” (September 1835 blessing)
- Translate & publish additional ancient records: “The records of past ages and generations, and the histories of ancient days shall he bring forth: even the record of the Nephites shall he again obtain, with all those hid up by Mormon, and others who were righteous, and many others, till he is overwhelmed with knowledge. No precious thing shall slumber from his possession, for he shall be covered with the most choice of all ages, till his soul shall be satisfied and his heart shall say, Enough, Enough!” (September 1835 blessing)
- Honored for possessing advanced scientific and intellectual knowledge: “His learning and wisdom shall astonish the great, for they shall acknowledge that by his intelligence he has far surpassed their learng and their science. In palaces of governors, rulers and kings shall he be honored, even in his person, for God shall give him power to prevail.” (September 1835 blessing)
- Stand upon necks and ashes of enemies: “His feet shall stand upon the neck of his enemies, and he shall walk upon the ashes of those who seek his destruction . . . Thou shalt stand upon the earth when it shall reel to and fro as a drunken man, and be removed out of its place: thou shalt stand when the mighty judgments go forth to the destruction of the wicked:” (December 1834 blessing)
- Own tens of thousands of animals: “He shall also be filled with abundance of the fat of the earth: his flocks shall bring forth thousands and tens of thousands: his fats [vats] shall overflow with wine and oil: his cattle shall increase to a multitude: he shall have horses and mules, asses, she asses and dromedaries, camels and elephants, and all swift beasts, and when he goes forth in haste his chariots shall roar like the approach of an army:” (September 1835 blessing)
- Obtain precious stones/jewels: “he shall have gold and silver, precious stones, diamonds, pearls, and the pure platina [platinum], with the antiquities of every kind.” (September 1835 blessing)
Joseph Smith’s patriarchal blessings reveal that the Prophet will yet fulfill many important prophecies.
- Welcomed & reverenced by kings: “he shall be welcomed into the presence of kings and the great ones of the earth; for he shall claim his place among the nobles of the earth and shall be reverenced by them.” (September 1835 blessing)
- Crown “sons of Ephraim”: “thou shalt stand on mount Zion when the tribes of Jacob come shouting from the north, and with thy brethren, the sons of Ephraim, crown them in the name of Jesus Christ:” (December 1834 blessing)
- Rise up in the heat of wine, roar in strength: “No weapon formed against him shall prosper, and though the wicked mar him for a little season, he shall be like one rising up in the heat of wine—he shall roar in his strength, and the Lord shall put to flight his persecutors:” (December 1834 blessing)
- Deliver Israel as Moses: “From amid the burning bush, like Moses of old, shall he hear the voice, saying, I am the God of thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, I have seen, I have seen, the affliction of my people and am come down to deliver them: go, thou, and say to the strength of my house, To your tents, O Israel: build up the wastes and raise up the foundation of desolation that this generation has made.” (September 1835 blessing)
- Cause ice to melt and deep to give way in the North: “In due time shall he go forth toward the north, and by the power of his word shall the deep begin to give way and the ice melt before the sun.” (September 1835 blessing)
- Lead Israel into Zion: “By the keys of the Kingdom shall he lead Israel into the land of Zion while the house of Jacob shouts in the danse and in the song—” (September 1835 blessing)
- Destroy wicked: “His loins shall be like iron, girded by the hand of the Lord, and his feet shall be swift to execute the commandment of the Most High when he shall say, Destroy.” (September 1835 blessing)
Read full blessings of the Prophet Joseph Smith!
- Blessing given by Joseph Smith Sr. (December 9, 1834)
- Blessing given by Oliver Cowdery (September 22, 1835)
- Blessing given by Joseph Smith Sr. (September 14, 1840)
- Blessing given by Joseph Smith Sr. (January 23, 1833)